¾ C Earth Balance
1/3C minced red onion
¾ C tahini
½ C finely ground almonds or cashews
1/2 C ground black sesame seeds (asian food market, grind in coffee bean grinder)
3T nutritional yeast
2 tsp. salt
1/3 C lemon juice
2 tsp. lemon zest (optional)
Finely ground oats to preference (bean grinder, add last)
- Saute onion in Earth Balance.
- Add tahini to mix and blend on very low heat with spoon. Keep stirring through preparation or tahini will burn.
- Stir in lemon juice and salt.
- Add remainder of ingredients, mix well, adding oats to desired level of firmness, or dryness, (your preference for extra hard, firm cheese or not) then let cool.
- Roll into small balls, then each ball in chopped, fresh dill. Hint: extra
firm cheese doesn’t grab the herbs as well.
- Serve on grilled turnip squares.